HMRC anticipate they will be ready to open the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) portal on 20 April. The service is designed to be self-serve with guidance in place as HMRC do not expect to have capacity to deal with demand and will not be able to answer phone calls on this matter.
The Mercer & Hole team will be able to support clients during this process.
To claim, you will need:
- your ePAYE reference number – this is the employers PAYE reference number. We strongly recommend that you ensure that you are registered for HMRC PAYE online services as this is how you will claim for furlough payments: https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services
- the number of employees being furloughed
- the claim period (start and end date)
- amount claimed (per the minimum length of furloughing of 3 consecutive weeks)
- your bank account number and sort code
- your contact name
- your phone number
Information that will be needed for each furloughed employee is as follows:
- National Insurance number
- Salary, National Insurance and pension contribution information that allows business to calculate the claim amount.