Budget 2008 - VAT
The main VAT changes announced in the Budget today are;
- With effect from 1 April 2008, the annual VAT Registration/deregistration limits have
increased to £67,000/£65,000 respectively.
- Revised fuel scale charges will apply for VAT return periods beginning after 1 May 2008.
- A transitional period has been announced for VAT refund claims to 31 March 2009. This follows recent litigation relating to the three year capping rules introduced in 1996/7.
- Withdrawal of the staff hire concession with effect from 1 April 2009.
- A package of simplification measures for the option to tax.
- Extension of the VAT exemption for fund management services.
- The limits for correcting errors on VAT returns have increased from £2,000 to the greater of £10,000 and 1% of turnover.
Full details of these changes will be contained in our Budget Tax Bulletin to be issued shortly.
Date: 12th March, 2008
Articles from this Author
20th July, 2010
Potential good news for Charities - VAT
22nd June, 2010
Emergency Budget 2010 - VAT
18th June, 2010
Holiday homes - VAT refund scheme for DIY housebuilders
15th June, 2010
Charity Advertising - ‘Pay-Per-Click’ services (PPC)
Contact a Private Client Partner
For the latest Mercer & Hole news, visit our LinkedIn page mercer-&-hole