Interior Decoration Factory - Investment Opportunity
With continuing demand for its quality gravure printed products, the insolvency of the UK branch of a European network gives rise to an investment opportunity. With orders still to fulfil, cessation of trade was due to a lack of funds to buy consumables – not due the lack of orders.
Our TV channels are full of DIY programmes and people across the UK and Europe are getting more and more adventurous about making their house a home. Combined with the decline in new house sales, the renovation and redecorating market is burgeoning.
How extraordinary then that a successful UK wallpaper, ready-roll adhesive borders and wall sticker manufacturer should find itself in dire straights. The successful operation within a now insolvent European network, this factory and its staff based in northern England are keen to prove that UK manufacturing can rise like a phoenix again. I too am keen to see this local factory up and running soon. Having been appointed UK administrator, I am now working closely with the other European administrators to seek investors and the good news is that the secured creditor supports our initiative to put Cramlington back on the European interiors map.
So, what’s the story? A European chain of decorating factories has been put into administration and the UK factory operation in Cramlington, Northumberland is now up for sale. The company Alkor-Venilia, went into insolvency in Germany on 20 June 2011 and, on 14 July 2011, into administration in the UK, where it trades as H-A Interiors.
The company has operations in France, Italy, Spain, Austria, Belgium and of course, England. These assets present an excellent opportunity for the right business to scale up:
- H-A Interiors is a major UK ready-roll adhesive borders and wall sticker manufacturer with a fully fitted production plant – which includes 3 gravure printing presses based in Cramlington Northumberland.
- Capability to print full width wallpapers and sticky backed plastic.
- There are several production lines with unique capabilities – embossing, self stick coating, and water-based inks in main print lines.
- The company has valuable trademarks and a number of blue chip customers including household names in the UK like B&Q, Argos and Homebase.
- UK Turnover £9 million producing operating profit of £3.6 million FYE 31 December 2010.
Moreover, there is a community riding on this sale that are willing, talented and able to help an investor grow the business and benefit from decades of expertise, marketing know-how and manufacturing quality.
For further details and a non disclosure agreement, interested should make early expressions of interest known to the Joint Administrator Chris Laughton.
Date: 20th July, 2011
Articles from this Author
20th July, 2017
Recast European Insolvency Regulation
26th June, 2017
The Recast European Insolvency Regulation (the “Recast EIR”)
28th November, 2016
Corporate Advisory Services & Brexit
13th July, 2016
While every accelerated M&A is different, finding the right adviser is always essential
Contact a Partner
For the latest Mercer & Hole news, visit our LinkedIn page mercer-&-hole