Tax Enquiries and Tax Investigations
With the government looking for ways to reduce the budget deficit it is no surprise that we have seen a rise in tax investigations in recent years.
Receiving an enquiry letter from HMRC can be stressful and worrying and, if not handled properly, also time consuming and punitive.
Whether the enquiry has arisen because of a tax reporting omission or a misunderstanding of the UK’s complicated tax legislation we can take the burden off your shoulders and minimise the impact on you.
Our services include:
- Liaising with HMRC on your behalf entering into written and sometimes telephone correspondence with the Inspector.
- Checking HMRC’s points of law and challenging where appropriate.
- Calculating additional tax due, claiming all available reliefs and exemptions.
- Negotiating to reach a fair settlement minimising tax and penalties.
- Negotiating a payment schedule that is affordable for you.
- Keeping you fully updated along the way.
For further information, please contact us at Mercer & Hole - click here if you wish to submit an email enquiry to one of our Private Client Partners.
Contact a Private Client Partner
Latest Tax Blog Post
With everything that is going on at present it is very difficult to be precise about what tax changes we might expect and when. The second report of...