Tax efficient ways of building personal wealth
We help individuals to structure their assets so that they can manage their wealth appropriately for them personally and potentially for the whole family. This may involve deciding in whose name an investment property should be owned or indeed if it would work better within a company structure. The solution will be different depending on what is important to the client – for example, whether they are looking to access sufficient funds in a tax efficient way or simply to protect funds for future generations or both!
How we can help
Our approach is to ensure we combine our tax and financial planning skills to help clients build up their personal balance sheets and ensure that their wealth is preserved for future generations. This is delivered with integrated advice from experts across the tax team, trust team and the M&H Financial Planning team.
Some of the areas we can help with advice on are outlined below:
- Tax efficient ways of structuring ownership of an individual’s or a family’s assets.
- Reviewing overall Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax costs across husband and wife and the wider family.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce the burden of future tax costs by ring-fencing family assets.
- Reviewing existing trust arrangements and developing strategies for withdrawal of funds to assist the overall family.
- Advice in relation to making charitable gifts in lifetime of both cash and other assets.
- Setting up and administering trusts.
- Estate and IHT planning.
- Tax efficient investments.
- Investment strategy.
- Review and explanations as to how investment bonds are taxed and can maximise capital growth.
- Tax efficient saving for retirement.
- Reviewing policy protection to secure family wealth.
For further information, please contact us at Mercer & Hole - click here if you wish to submit an email enquiry to one of our Private Client Partneres.
Contact a Private Client Partner
Latest Tax Blog Post
From 6 April 2019 the personal allowance is set to increase from £11,850 to £12,500 and with this comes an increase in the threshold at...