Non UK Domiciliaries
The way the UK tax system impacts depends on whether an individual is UK resident and UK domiciled. We have built up a large client base of UK resident and non UK domiciled individuals and families. By understanding the extent and structure of their worldwide wealth, we assist them in avoiding pitfalls with the remittance of funds to the UK and to plan how overseas funds can be preserved for the next generation.
Our clients include both those who are coming to and those who are leaving the UK. We advise clients who are in the UK for a wide variety of reasons, amongst them are entrepreneurs, employees relocating with families and the internationally mobile who find our tax system works to their advantage.
How we can help
Our Private Client Tax Services team can advise non UK domiciliaries on actions which can be taken to mitigate taxation, whilst ensuring clients meet all their legal reporting obligations.
Services we offer in this area:
- Planning in relation to the impact of UK taxation on an individual and advice on a sensible action plan prior to arrival in the UK.
- Maintenance of personal tax affairs and advice on record keeping.
- Management and administration of tax forms and compliance with UK tax legislation.
- Advice in relation to planning regular and large sum remittances.
- Advice on Capital Gains Tax (CGT) planning regarding the ownership or disposal of assets and in particular UK property.
- Advice on Inheritance Tax (IHT) planning and the consequences of long term residence in the UK.
- Advice in relation to the interaction of the non UK domiciliaries’ personal affairs and existing offshore structures. In particular we assist with regard to the ownership of UK property within the envelope of a company and the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) reporting.
- Strategies to minimise tax worldwide through our association with firms in The International Accounting Alliance (TIAG).
- Advice on how to structure an investment in the UK using the valuable Business Investor Relief (BIR).
- Advice when leaving the UK.
For further information, please contact us at Mercer & Hole - click here if you wish to submit an email enquiry to one of our Private Client Partners.
Contact a Private Client Partner
Latest Tax Blog Post
With everything that is going on at present it is very difficult to be precise about what tax changes we might expect and when. The second report of...