Mercer & Hole attends TIAG International Conference in Scotland
The Future of Europe, Energy Industry Outlook, and Cross-border Dispute Resolution are among the topics covered.
Mercer & Hole recently attended TIAG’s 24th international conference in Edinburgh, Scotland. The conference, which took place on May 4-6, 2015, provided TIAG® members with the opportunity to strengthen the relationships they create within the alliance of more than 115 accounting firms from around the world. Also in attendance at the conference were members of TIAG’s affiliate alliances, TAGLaw® and TAG-SP™. All three alliances are collectively known as the TAG Alliances™.
In addition to various networking opportunities and group breakout sessions, TIAG members attended a variety of informative and educational sessions aimed at firm and practice development. Sessions and speakers at this conference include:
- “The Future of Europe” - Rt Hon Lord Norman Lamont, Former Chancellor of the UK Exchequer;
- “The Modern Partner: Not Like it Said in the Brochure” - Mark Brandon, Motive Legal Consulting;
- “The Road Ahead: Anticipated Changes in the Energy Industry” - Moderator: Andrew Reid, Douglas-Westwood;
- “Pricing in Professional Service Firms: An Essential Skill” - Richard Burcher, Validatum;
- Counterparty Insolvency Risks and Commercial Real Estate Leases – Threats and Opportunities” – Chris Laughton, Restructuring and Insolvency Partner at Mercer & Hole;
- “Doing Business in the British Isles” – Lisa Spearman, Private Client Partner at Mercer & Hole;
- “Professional Scepticism and Judgements” – Paul Webster, Managing Partner at Mercer & Hole; and
- Various “Specialty Group” breakout sessions.
About TIAG and The TAG Alliances
The TAG Alliances comprise three groups: TIAG (The International Accounting Group), TAGLaw and TAG-SP. TIAG is an international alliance of high quality, independent accounting firms. TAGLaw is a similar alliance of independent law firms, and TAG-SP is a complementary association of strategic business partners. Collectively, the TAG Alliances provide accounting, legal, financial and business support services on a worldwide scale. With approximately 15,500 professionals in 280 member firms, and 580 offices in over 100 countries, The TAG Alliances serve tens of thousands of clients from all industry and commercial sectors. For more information. visit www.TIAGnet.com.
Date: 6th May, 2015
Articles from this Author
5th April, 2018
2017 Rebasing – a welcome relief
29th September, 2017
Important VAT change to disbursements
21st September, 2017
Mercer & Hole safeguard 35 jobs as Inside Biometrics Ltd goes into Administration
10th August, 2017
Mercer & Hole appointed as joint administrators of Cinram Logistics UK Limited (“Cinram”)
Contact Our Partners
Choose from the drop down menu below to select a Partner to contact.
Mercer & Hole’s Financial Planning team win Moneyfacts Tax & Estate Planner of the Year 2018… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
For the latest Mercer & Hole news, visit our LinkedIn page mercer-&-hole