We are extremely proud to announce that Mercer & Hole now has the accreditation from the Good Business Charter (GBC) which is an endorsement in recognition of responsible business practices. Accredited organisations include FTSE100 companies, partnerships, SMEs, and charities right through to sole traders.
As a firm, we are always striving to improve not only the work we do for our clients but also the way in which we work to make a meaningful difference to our people, our clients, and the world around us. Consistent, responsibility-driven behaviour of businesses doesn’t just generate wealth but benefits stakeholders, employees, local communities, the environment and society as a whole.
How can we measure this?
At Mercer & Hole, we feel the Good Business Charter’s standards reflect our own commitments and present a good baseline for responsible practice. To meet the criteria and be awarded the accreditation, organisations must demonstrate that they meet all ten commitments:
- Real Living Wage – as set by the Living Wage Foundation
- Fairer Hours and Contracts – including greater transparency around guaranteed hours that employees can expect
- Employee Wellbeing – including policies to promote the mental health of employees
- Employee Representation – all employees are required to have representation to ensure they have a voice in larger decisions
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) – this must demonstrate how an organisation actually monitors and evaluates DE&I to ensure that it is demonstrating best practice
- Environmental Responsibility – organisations must sign up to an environmental policy to reduce their carbon footprint
- Pay Fair Tax
- Commitment to Clients – this includes gathering feedback from customers/clients
- Ethical Sourcing – businesses must commit to the standards set out in the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code
- Prompt Payment to Suppliers
HR Director, Jo Foster said “I am extremely proud that we have received this recognition, it demonstrates our commitment to our team, our clients and our communities in which we all live and work in. Receiving the Good Business Charter provides perfect synergy with our values which include Togetherness, Resilience, Understanding, Supportive and providing an environment to Thrive! We also recognise the need to keep striving to improve the quality of our service to our clients, employees and communities. This is a milestone in the Mercer & Hole journey, but it is just that, a journey. We are always evolving and looking for new ways in which to do things, so we continuously improve. “
At the heart of their organisation, The Good Business Charter strives to inspire and encourage more organisations to change of modify the way in which they work to meet their criteria of responsible practice. This, they believe, will have a snowball effect to change and improve corporate culture for the good of society.
To learn more about the Good Business Charter click here Homepage – Good Business Charter