Services for Individuals
All individuals will have their own ideas of what they want to achieve with the wealth they have built up in their lives and our aim is to provide the professional support to assist in the development of those ideas. In essence financial planning starts with understanding an individual’s personal balance sheet and their personal objectives. There are both tax and regulatory issues which need to be considered. We aim to provide a comprehensive service covering all elements of financial planning including (but not limited to):
- Investment planning
- Tax efficient investments
- We help individuals to structure their assets so that they can manage their wealth appropriately for them personally and potentially for the whole family. Inevitably this will include taking advantage of investments which can grow free of tax or carry a tax incentive where relief is available against income or capital gains. There are also particular investments which play a part in reducing the burden of inheritance tax on an individual’s estate.
- Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs)
- National Savings
- Insurance based investments
- Single Premium onshore and offshore bonds
- Enterprise Investment Schemes (EIS)
- Investments which qualify for Business Property Relief (BPR)
- Venture Capital Trusts (VCT)
- Pension planning
- Taking retirement benefits
- Estate planning
- Includes considering investments with inheritance tax advantages
- Discounted Gift Trust
- Investment bonds
- Pension transfers
- Long term care
- Personal cash flow plans
When dealing with these areas we look to:
- Prioritise your objectives and break these down into manageable areas.
- Following our initial advice and implementation, you will have a pre-agreed review timetable to address any outstanding areas, so you know exactly what to expect and when.
- We will keep in proactive contact with you throughout the year to discuss any issues which we think are relevant to you (e.g. end of year tax planning).
- Our team based approach means that we are always available to discuss your financial affairs.
- We will review your investment portfolio on an annual basis, including re-assessment of your risk and re-balancing where appropriate.
- Once your plan is in place we need to make sure that it stays on track to achieve your ambitions.
- Our Lifetime Financial Review service provides you with a comprehensive annual review of your financial plan. At this stage we have the chance to review and discuss any changes in your circumstances or objectives, analyse your latest valuation of assets, and discuss any changes or actions you may need to take to remain on track to achieve your goals.
- As part of your review we will refresh your cash flow analysis and provide an updated Lifetime Financial Plan aligned to your current circumstances and goals.
Our first meeting with you is always undertaken at the cost of our firm. This initial meeting allows us to discuss your objectives and reasons for seeking financial advice, and to assess the level of service which might be suitable for you.
We will always obtain your agreement regarding our fees before undertaking any work on your behalf.
This will include confirmation of the scope of work being carried out, the amount of the fee, how it is structured (for example as a fixed fee, an hourly rate) and how it is to be paid (e.g. invoice or deducted from your fund or investment).
Call us today to discuss your individual requirements on 0845 828 1000 or email one of the M&H Financial Planning team.
Contact our Financial Planning Team
Latest Tax Blog Post
From 6 April 2019 the personal allowance is set to increase from £11,850 to £12,500 and with this comes an increase in the threshold at...