Our tax and financial planning expertise put us in a position to cover the complexities which arise in a divorce situation. We have experience in the following areas:
- Providing expert commentary on the impact of income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax position on the transfer of assets.
- Examining the consequences of how an individual’s tax residence and domicile position may affect any proposed split of assets.
- Considering the implications on pension settlements within divorce cases. We can demonstrate the robustness of pension valuations and provide qualified and quantifiable opinion on figures for settlement. We will also highlight how the lifetime allowance is affected for individuals where the pension assets are transferred.
- Using cash flow modelling to test whether the proposals of a divorce settlement are sustainable across the longer term.
- Reviewing the tax efficiency of individual investments and their appropriateness for the relevant party.
Where do we go from here?
If you feel that anything in our approach resonates with you, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Expert Witness team if you would like to discuss your own circumstances in more depth.
We look forward to working with you.