VAT and Indirect Tax Planning
VAT is easily overlooked, but, as a transaction based tax, impacts everything a business does and demands the requisite time and effort to manage. Designed as a simple tax, VAT in practice is increasingly complex with demanding compliance requirements.
Transactions, whether they are routine daily business purchases and sales, or larger one-off deals, need to be correctly treated for VAT. This is not only to ensure compliance, but also to correctly manage a significant element of turnover (up to 20% in the UK, but higher elsewhere).
Our advisers have many years' experience of advising businesses how to address VAT, from the commencement of operations as well as creatively resolving the inevitable issues that arise from time-to-time. We also provide assistance with compliance and can prepare and submit a variety of VAT, ESL (EC or EU Sales List) and Intrastat returns along with other VAT claims on your behalf.
VAT and Tax Accountancy Services
In addition to dealing with compliance matters, we have considerable experience of defending against HMRC challenges, negotiating favourable outcomes with HMRC in advance and after the facts (including waiver of penalties) and managing VAT inspections. Other areas we regularly advise on include:
- Property acquisitions, disposals, construction and development
- Acquisitions and disposals of businesses and non-property assets
- Cross border EU and international trade
- Customs and excise duties
- Exempt supplies, partial exemption calculations and VAT recovery
- Motor vehicles, expenses and recovery
- VAT grouping, special accounting schemes etc
- Cash flow, bad debts and time to pay
- Claiming overseas VAT and foreign companies claiming UK VAT
- ·E-Business - 1 January 2015 changes
Please contact one of our team for advice and guidance or refer to our Business News for comment and discussion.
Quick Contact Form
Contact Business Service Partners
Choose from the drop down menu below to select a Partner to contact.