Tax free benefits
Just a quick reminder that certain benefits provided by employers are not taxable on employees. The most common ones are:
- Eligible payments into a registered pension scheme.
- Meals provided in a staff canteen.
- Drinks and light refreshments at work.
- Parking provided at or near an employee’s place of work.
- Workplace nursery places provided for the children of employees and certain other employer-supported childcare up to £55 per week.
- In-house sports facilities.
- Payments for additional household costs incurred by an employee who works at home.
- Removal and relocation expenses up to a maximum of £8,000 per move.
- The provision of a mobile phone or vouchers to make available a mobile phone (limited to one phone per employee only).
- Interest free loans up to £5,000.
Christmas parties (and other events) capped at £150 per employee.
Date: 5th August, 2013
Articles from this Author
Contact Business Service Partners
Choose from the drop down menu below to select a Partner to contact.
Mercer & Hole’s Financial Planning team win Moneyfacts Tax & Estate Planner of the Year 2018… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
For the latest Mercer & Hole news, visit our LinkedIn page mercer-&-hole