Revised financial guidance for charities
On 8 June 2010, the Charity Commission published four updated sets of financial guidance for charities. They are:
- Charities and Risk Management (CC26)
- Financial Difficulties and Insolvency (CC12)
- Charities and Reserves (CC19)
- Internal Financial Controls (CC8)
The guidance has been updated to reflect new developments and the rather challenging economic climate that charities are now facing.
The updates include:
- New risk grid (CC26).
- Guidance on controls over Internet banking and safeguards against fraud and financial crime (CC8).
- Checklist of key questions for trustees to establish their charity’s financial position (CC12).
- Setting reserves in the context of financial and risk management (CC19).
The four documents can be downloaded from www.charitycommission.gov.uk.
Wendy Bambrick is a charities expert and a senior manager at Mercer & Hole. The views given in this blog are personal to the author, if you would like to discuss the contents of this post with Wendy you can call her on 01727 869141.
Date: 7th July, 2010
Articles from this Author
1st August, 2017
Charity Governance Code
7th July, 2017
ICAEW Audit insights: charities – positive impacts in challenging times
21st November, 2016
Academies update-Academies Financial Handbook 2016
20th April, 2016
Trustees – would you be able to manage any financial difficulties that could affect your charity?
Contact Business Service Partners
Choose from the drop down menu below to select a Partner to contact.
For the latest Mercer & Hole news, visit our LinkedIn page mercer-&-hole