Non-taxable payments or benefits for employees
Expenses payments and benefits are not always taxable. There are some useful exemptions available.
Some of the most common tax-free benefits are:
- Pension contribution.
- Medical treatment abroad.
- Health screening and medical check ups.
- Nurseries and playschemes.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Other employer-supported childcare.
- Certain living accommodation.
- Payments by your employer towards additional household costs where you work at home.
- Certain retraining costs.
- Employer-funded or employer-reimbursed training.
- Long service awards.
- Suggestion schemes.
- Car, motorcycle and bicycle parking.
- Work to home travel provided when you work late or when sharing arrangements are disrupted.
- Work buses and subsidies to public buses.
- Christmas or other annual party
- Sports facilities.
- Mobile phones.
- Bicycles and cycling safety equipment.
- Loans under £10,000.
- Employee shareholder share.
- Approved share options.
Date: 6th August, 2014
Articles from this Author
Contact Business Service Partners
Choose from the drop down menu below to select a Partner to contact.
19 TAG Alliances Member Firms will be gathering in the Isle of Man this weekend for the 2018 UK and Ireland Regiona… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
For the latest Mercer & Hole news, visit our LinkedIn page mercer-&-hole