Connecting with donors
The Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) has published a report entitled, ‘How to Connect with Donors’. It has found that sophisticated donors want charities to demonstrate their effectiveness and to adopt new forms of communication.
Over 200 CAF and non-CAF donors, in an online survey, were asked for their views on how the recession affects charities and what they thought charities could do to alleviate the effects of the recession.
The survey revealed that:
- 77% of donors felt that charities should change the way they communicate with them, suggesting that social networking and emailing should be used.
- 85% think charities should be partnering with other charities.
- 94% think that charities should demonstrate their efficiency to weather the recession.
- 92% think that charities need to ensure that they are showing the impact of their work to donors.
- 86% think that charities should review their finances and 85% felt that they should demonstrate their transparency.
Donors also recommended ideas which would help charities secure new sources of income:
- 82% suggested an increase in the use of volunteers.
- 75% suggested applying for more grants.
- 69% suggested asking for a donation of goods.
- 53% suggested dedicating more resources for fundraising.
The full report can be downloaded from http://www.cafonline.org/connectdonors.
Date: 25th February, 2010
Articles from this Author
9th February, 2018
Guidance for charities regarding the changes to the automatic disqualification of trustees rules
30th November, 2017
Legislative changes affecting the Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
14th November, 2017
Updated guidance for independent examiners (CC32)
13th November, 2017
Charity Commission Annual Report 2016/2017
Contact Business Service Partners
Choose from the drop down menu below to select a Partner to contact.
For the latest Mercer & Hole news, visit our LinkedIn page mercer-&-hole