Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) Returns
A company is liable to pay ATED if it owns residential property in the UK that is:
- A dwelling
- Is in the UK
- Was valued at more than £1 million on 1 April 2012, or at acquisition if later.
- Is owned completely or partly by:
- a company;
- a partnership whereby one of the partners is a company;
- or, a collective investment scheme e.g. unit trust or open ended investment vehicle.
ATED carries a flat rate of annual tax based on the value of a property. There are a number of value bands which property fall into and the tax liability increases with each band. Property valuations are recalculated for ATED purposes every 5 years so the band in which a property falls may change.
What we provide
- Completion and submission of ATED returns
- Payment reminders and compliance with HMRC regulations
- Monitoring changes in legislation
Contact a Private Client Partner
Latest Tax Blog Post
From 6 April 2019 the personal allowance is set to increase from £11,850 to £12,500 and with this comes an increase in the threshold at...