Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) Returns
A company is liable to pay ATED if it owns residential property in the UK that is:
- A dwelling
- Is in the UK
- Was valued at more than £1 million on 1 April 2012, or at acquisition if later.
- Is owned completely or partly by:
- a company;
- a partnership whereby one of the partners is a company;
- or, a collective investment scheme e.g. unit trust or open ended investment vehicle.
ATED carries a flat rate of annual tax based on the value of a property. There are a number of value bands which property fall into and the tax liability increases with each band. Property valuations are recalculated for ATED purposes every 5 years so the band in which a property falls may change.
What we provide
- Completion and submission of ATED returns
- Payment reminders and compliance with HMRC regulations
- Monitoring changes in legislation
Contact a Private Client Partner
Latest Tax Blog Post
With everything that is going on at present it is very difficult to be precise about what tax changes we might expect and when. The second report of...