Corporate restructuring publications
Please download our latest newsletters, Business Rescue Case Studies and updates, which feature regularly updated information, comment and ideas from Mercer & Hole's corporate restructuring experts.
- Solvent Liquidations
- Are investments banks special?
- HMRC's Tax Collection Powers
- Directors watch out!
- International Restructuring and Insolvency
- Debt threshold for bankruptcy to increase to £5,000
- Transparency and Trust - Directors' Disqualification
- HMRC was wrong to serve a Winding Up Petition where a VAT assessment is subject to appeal
- Conversion of a Limited Liability Partnership into a Company
- Business Rescue - Cases of Note
- Real Time Information (RTI) - Enforcment Penalties
- RTI - HMRC can no longer be the bank of last resort
- Real Time Information (RTI) and the cash flow implications
- Winding Up Order can be made even if debt is disputed
- Informal winding-up made more difficult – Part 3
- Proposed repeal of early discharge from Bankruptcy
- Informal winding-up made more difficult – Part 2
- Equity of exoneration - is this an outdated concept?
- Transactions at an undervalue – hope value and hindsight
- Time to Pay – restrictions because of dividend remuneration policy
- Wife's claim of misrepresentation to set aside personal guarantees
- Security over assets does not prevent enforcement of a personal guarantee
- Incomplete records will not avoid repayment of Directors’ debts
- Informal winding-up made more difficult
- Wrongful trading – is the decision to continue trading objectively reasonable?
- Pre-packs endorsed by the Government
- Highlights from Chris Laughton's LinkedIn discussion on pre-pack insolvencies
Insolvency Issues - Newsletters
- Group and Company Reorganisations - s110 arrangements - 2017
- Insolvency Issues - June 2015 - LLPs facing financial distress
- Insolvency Issues - January 2014 – Meeting the cash requirements of RTI
- Insolvency Issues - May 2013 – Cross border insolvency solutions
- Insolvency Issues - February 2013 – Saving companies that run out of cash
- Insolvency Issues - December 2011 – Winding-up: an alternative
- Insolvency Issues - July 2011 – Charities – challenging times ahead
- Insolvency Issues - April 2011 – Creditors – don’t forget to vote
- Insolvency Issues - December 2010 – Beware extending customer credit terms
Business Rescue Case Studies
- Featuring case studies from:Technology Company Rescue, Insolvent Company Rescue, Charity Rescue, and Cross Border Insolvency Rescue, Rescuing businesses within a group and Breach of Corporate Governance puts FCA registered entity on the brink.
Latest blog posts