Welcome to Private Client Tax Services
Our commitment to help individuals and their families with their tax and financial affairs is made clear in the way we get to know our clients and appreciate the detail of their financial situation. We feel it is important that we understand what our clients want to achieve, what is precious to them and what pressures they feel under. Every client’s affairs are personal to them and often the dilemma that a client may be facing is not tax related.
From our privileged position, we help our clients to achieve their objectives in the context of what works best for them and from a tax perspective. The tax legislation is not straightforward and our job is to explain how it affects them on a practical level so that clients can make informed decisions about how to go forward in considering the management of their affairs.
Who do we work for and how can we help?
- We help individuals on how to structure the ownership of their assets so that they can manage their wealth appropriately for them personally and potentially for the whole family.
- We help clients plan how they can pass on their wealth to the next generation in the most tax-efficient way.
- We work with our clients to ensure their financial affairs get the focus they need. We aim to remove the stress and complexity of tax reporting and compliance. We are proud of our tax teams who strive to provide a reliable service and will go the extra mile to ensure deadlines are met.
- The way the UK tax system impacts depends on whether an individual is UK resident and UK domiciled. We have built up a large client base of UK resident and non UK domiciled individuals and families.
- We help clients facing divorce negotiations, who need to understand the tax implications of what they are agreeing to and whether there are better solutions.
- We deal with the administration, accounting and UK tax reporting for both UK and offshore trusts. We help trustees, beneficiaries and other professional service firms with advice in these complicated areas.
- Through M&H Financial Planning we can offer a truly ‘joined-up’ service, which is where investment and tax planning works together.
Why choose us?
- Mercer & Hole have been established since 1905 and have a great deal of experience and expertise in the field of Private Client Tax Services.
- Our partner-led teams are client-focused, ensuring continuity of contact, expert advice and accountability.
- We build long-standing relationships with clients based on trust and integrity - testament to this is the large amount of referrals we enjoy.
- Mercer & Hole are recognised as a Top 25 Private Client Practitioner in the UK.
- As a founder member of The International Accounting Alliance (TIAG), we have worldwide reach in accountancy expertise and advice.
Where do we go from here?
If you feel that anything in our approach resonates with you, please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my team if you would like to discuss your own circumstances in more depth. Click here if you wish to start that off with an email enquiry to one of our Private Client Partners.
We look forward to working with you.
Gill Tallon, Partner