Working alongside the management team, shareholders and other stakeholders Mercer & Hole assist underperforming and financially distressed businesses.
Mercer & Hole deliver and implement restructuring solutions, which not only get the business back on track, but provide real improvements to cash flow, profit and the business's net worth.
Assignments we undertake regularly include:
- Group streamlining – applying for striking off or implementing a Members’ Voluntary Liquidation (MVL) for non-trading or redundant companies can provide benefits such as reducing costs, releasing capital for use elsewhere in the group or simplifying the group structure.
- Managed exits – can be used effectively as part of tax or retirement planning, or as a result of the company having achieved its specific purpose.
- Reconstruction liquidations – a tax efficient scheme for achieving a commercially driven demerger or corporate split.
- Strategic review - working with management, Mercer & Hole carry out a detailed review, without disrupting the business, and assist in creating and delivering a robust turnaround strategy aimed to ensure that the benefits reach the bottom line.
- Performance review - Mercer & Hole provide advice on how a business can achieve margin improvements and cost reductions, when experiencing slowing or stagnating performance or the effect of increased competition. As part of our review we consider issues such as core asset disposal, sales and marketing strategies, optimising purchasing and inventory functions, and overhead rationalisation.
- Business performance and liquidity review – whether looking forward in the short or long term, an independent business/liquidity review highlights peak requirements, vulnerabilities and potential opportunities. Working with management, Mercer & Hole identify and analyse the key drivers behind the cash flow forecasts, assess the liquidity of the business operations and identify future funding requirements.
- Cash and working capital management review – Mercer & Hole can assist with planning revenue or margin improvement, identifying cost reduction opportunities and analysing current or future financial requirements. A well structured review can assist with negotiations with key creditors and facilitate the on-going relationship between management, lenders and other stakeholders.