Completion accounts are the financial statements at the date of completion* which are used as the basis for amending the price for net asset/working capital adjustments.
Completion accounts are often clouded with ambiguity, and in extreme cases can take many months to finally agree.
We can provide comprehensive guidance on completion accounts before and after a transaction:
- Advise on the format, content and accounting policies to be applied in the preparation of completion accounts
- Prepare completion accounts on your behalf
- Review your preparation of the completion accounts
- Review the vendors preparation of the completion accounts
- Assist in disputes relating to the completion account
- Provide wording in the share purchase agreement to help protect the buyer against inappropriate accounting policies or ambiguous treatment
Mercer & Hole can add substantial value for their clients in the planning and execution of an innovative approach to completion accounts.
* or at a mutually agreed strike date