Investment Responsibility for Professional Deputies
We specialise in providing advice to Professional Deputies acting for either injured parties or those lacking capacity.
Our advice services help Deputies to analyse the main financial issues faced by their clients and we compile a financial plan for them.
Providing a financial plan helps Deputies make informed decisions and provides understanding around the impact on short and longer term financial needs.
We spend a significant amount of time understanding clients’ position, their main objectives and needs. If care is required, we take time to understand its cost and nature and any affect on life expectancy.
As part of this work, understanding the wider family dynamic and support they offer is a key part of building an individual plan.
Our planning process includes the following steps:
- Understanding the client, their needs and life expectancy
- Understand the extent of any care and the potential costs involved
- Provide an assessment of attitude to investment risk and capacity for loss
- Use asset allocation models to define expected return and volatility measures for any investment
- Build a range of cash flow models looking at what the long term effect would be if a range of decisions were made
- Identify the options from the modelling to arrive at a bespoke financial plan
- Consider the implications with the wider family if appropriate
- Provide tax advice on the structuring
We understand that this is often very sensitive work and requires different skills than traditional financial advice. We have fee earners that are accredited by the Society of Later Life Advice (SOLLA) who have been through training on working with vulnerable clients and are available to help.
Call us today to discuss your individual requirements on 0845 828 1000 or email one of the M&H Financial Planning team.