Where a proactive growth strategy is required, growth by acquisition is typically the fastest method of achieving the desired expansion.
We are experienced in helping clients achieve their acquisition strategies. Our services cover the entire life cycle of any potential transaction including:
- Identifying and valuing potential targets
- Deal structuring
- Financial Due Diligence
- Fund Raising
- Assisting with negotiations
- Tax structuring on the deal, including Enterprise Investment Scheme Relief
- Reviewing legal documents and advising on commercial, financial and tax implications
- Project managing the transaction through to completion
Disposals and exit planning
We are acutely aware that selling a business is normally a lengthy process where the initial planning often starts many years in advance of completing the transaction. We can work with you and your management team to help prepare the business for a sale. It is rarely too early to start thinking about what might need to be done to maximise both gross and net (eg after tax) sale receipts.
In most corporate finance transactions, tax planning is a crucial consideration. Poorly planned transactions can lead to unnecessary tax liabilities or the loss of important tax reliefs.
We have extensive experience in managing, consulting and assisting in such transactions, across a wide range of sectors, and have been heavily involved in trade sales, MBOs, partial exits and many other forms of exit or disposal.
Once the sale is ready to happen we offer the full spectrum of services to ensure you maximise the value of a sale in the smoothest possible way. Our services include assistance in the following:
- Identifying potential purchasers
- Preparing and managing the distribution of an information memorandum
- Preparing sales documentation
- Advising on how best to structure a transaction to meet your requirements
- Project managing the transaction during the close process
- Tax structuring to reduce tax costs on exit
- Liaising with HMRC on formal clearance for the transaction
Contact our Corporate Finance Team
Latest Business Blog Post
In keeping with his predecessor, the Chancellor has shied away from significant VAT changes. The main rule change was an amendment to the Flat...