Corporate and Business Tax
At Mercer & Hole, we have high levels of technical expertise and experience in tax, with a significant proportion of our partners specialising in tax.
Our Corporate and Business Tax team is an integral part of Mercer & Hole’s Corporate Advisory Service and works closely with the firm’s General Practice team to ensure an integrated service to clients.
We are commercially minded and firmly believe in your business decisions being based on commercial factors. At the same time, we also understand how the impact of the numerous taxes which apply to businesses can enhance or diminish your expected commercial outcome.
By working closely with business owners and stakeholders, our approach is to gain a thorough understanding of your business and your business objectives. We can advise you on the impact of tax on your plans, discuss alternatives that may be more tax effective, keep you updated of the frequent changes in tax, assist you with your returns and advise on payments to keep you on track with HM Revenue & Customs.
We can also provide advice on the various business reliefs available. This is an area where there are huge variables and expert advice can be extremely valuable. For example, relief on capital spend is between 0% and 100%, whereas revenue spend relief varies from 0% to 230%. We can advise on what qualifies for allowances, how much qualifies and at what rate.
Tax can also have a major impact on one-off or occasional events such as restructuring, acquiring or selling a business and we can provide you with specialist tax advice throughout the course of these transactions.
Corporate and Business Tax Services
Our Corporate and Business Tax team delivers specialist advice in all areas of tax affecting businesses and their owners, including:
- Tax returns and computations
- Share incentive planning and ongoing compliance
- Staff benefits, remuneration advice and ongoing compliance
- Buying, selling, restructuring or dividing companies
- Capital Gains Tax, Entrepreneurs’ Relief, Investors’ Relief and gain deferral
- Business qualification under the Enterprise Investment Scheme and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme
- Claims for tax relief on costs including Research & Development, Capital Expenditure and Patent Box Relief
- Succession planning
- Incorporations and cessations
- Loss planning
- Interest deductibility
- Property holding structures and transactions and compliance on property specific returns
- VAT advice and compliance
- Ongoing advice on changes in legislation and practice
Please contact one of our team for advice and guidance or refer to our Business News for comment and discussion.
Quick Contact Form
Contact Business Service Partners
Choose from the drop down menu below to select a Partner to contact.
Latest Business Blog Post
The provisions on Making Tax Digital have been removed from the abbreviated Finance Bill that was truncated due to the General Election. ...