Tax free benefits
Just a quick reminder that certain benefits provided by employers are not taxable on employees. The most common ones are:
- Eligible payments into a registered pension scheme.
- Meals provided in a staff canteen.
- Drinks and light refreshments at work.
- Parking provided at or near an employee’s place of work.
- Workplace nursery places provided for the children of employees and certain other employer-supported childcare up to £55 per week.
- In-house sports facilities.
- Payments for additional household costs incurred by an employee who works at home.
- Removal and relocation expenses up to a maximum of £8,000 per move.
- The provision of a mobile phone or vouchers to make available a mobile phone (limited to one phone per employee only).
- Interest free loans up to £5,000.
Christmas parties (and other events) capped at £150 per employee.
Date: 5th August, 2013
Articles from this Author
20th July, 2017
Uncertain times for winding up transactions
3rd July, 2017
9th June, 2017
27th April, 2017
Government places Making Tax Digital legislation on hold
Contact Business Service Partners
Choose from the drop down menu below to select a Partner to contact.
For the latest Mercer & Hole news, visit our LinkedIn page mercer-&-hole