Reducing red tape for companies
The government has issued its response to comments on the consultation and its proposals on reducing filing requirements for companies. Briefly, it plans to:
- Allow companies more flexibility to confirm whether their company information is correct and complete at any point in a year, instead of having to complete an annual return by a set date.
- Companies that make changes will be asked if they wish to check and confirm other information at the same time.If they do so, no further action will be required for a further twelve month period.
- Make it easier for small companies to provide data just once to fulfil HMRC and Companies House requirements.
- Give private companies the option of not keeping any, or all of the following registers: register of directors; directors’ residential addresses; secretaries; members; and the proposed register of beneficial ownership.Where a company exercises this option it will be required to keep the information up to date on the public register instead.
- Remove the full details of a director’s date of birth from the public register.It will show just the director’s month and year of birth.
- Remove the requirement for a company’s Statement of Capital to list the amount unpaid and paid up on each share, instead to show just the aggregate amount unpaid.
- Remove the requirement for companies to file a consent to act for directors and company secretaries.This will be replaced with a requirement for a statement that the person has consented to the appointment.
- Speed up the procedure to strike off and dissolve a company;
This may not be a huge change but, being realistic, any improvement is welcome.
Date: 2nd June, 2014
Articles from this Author
20th July, 2017
Uncertain times for winding up transactions
3rd July, 2017
9th June, 2017
27th April, 2017
Government places Making Tax Digital legislation on hold
Contact Business Service Partners
Choose from the drop down menu below to select a Partner to contact.
“Good luck to everyone who has also made it as a finalist, I look forward to awards evening later on in the year”-L… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
For the latest Mercer & Hole news, visit our LinkedIn page mercer-&-hole