Interest rate changes announced by HMRC
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has announced the latest interest rates charged on late payments of and paid on overpayments of tax.
The reduced rates that cover quarterly instalment payments of Corporation Tax take effect from 16 March 2009. The rates for all other direct and indirect taxes, including National Insurance contributions paid, take effect from 24 March 2009. The rate of interest:
- On late payments of Income Tax, National Insurance contributions, Capital Gains Tax, Stamp Duty, etc. changes from 3.5% to 2.5%, while on overpayments of these taxes interest remains at 0%.
- On late payments or repayments of Inheritance Tax changes from 1% to 0%.
- On underpaid instalment payments of Corporation Tax changes from 2% to 1.5 % while on overpaid instalment payments of Corporation Tax, and on Corporation Tax paid early (but not due by instalments) the rate changes from 0.75% to 0.25%.
- On unpaid Corporation Tax changes from 3.5% to 2.5% and on overpaid corporation tax remains at 0%.
- On under-declared or over-repayments of VAT, Air Passenger Duty, Insurance Premium Tax, Landfill Tax, Climate Change Levy, Aggregates Levy changes from 3.5%to 2.5%.
Date: 17th March, 2009
Articles from this Author
20th July, 2017
Uncertain times for winding up transactions
3rd July, 2017
9th June, 2017
27th April, 2017
Government places Making Tax Digital legislation on hold
Contact Business Service Partners
Choose from the drop down menu below to select a Partner to contact.
“Good luck to everyone who has also made it as a finalist, I look forward to awards evening later on in the year”-L… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
For the latest Mercer & Hole news, visit our LinkedIn page mercer-&-hole