HMRC workshops to help small high-tech firms
Small and medium-sized high-tech companies are being invited to free workshops on support for business growth, research and development tax credits and innovation.
The workshops are being organised by HMRC and the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) to focus on the range of tax incentives, grants and other support available.
As well as giving background on the support available, the workshops will provide information on how businesses can make claims and where to go for further help.
The topics to be covered are:
- Research and development tax credits and the Patent Box tax incentive.
- Grants, knowledge transfer, networking, procurement and more.
- EU funding for business R&D and innovation, including the Horizon 2020 programme for research and innovation, launched in January.
- Patents and intellectual property.
- Help on innovation and opportunities to commercialise technology through design projects.
The planned dates and venues are:
- Tuesday 18 March Leicester University - Stamford Court
- Thursday 3 April Reading University - Palmer Building, Whiteknights
- Wednesday 9 April Plymouth - Tamar Science Park
- Wednesday 30 April Oxford - Satellite Applications Catapult Ltd, Harwell
- Wednesday 14 May Sheffield Business School, Stoddart Building, Sheffield Hallam University
- Wednesday 4 June Portsmouth - Langstone Technology Park
- Wednesday 18 June Scotland - details are being finalised.
- Places can also be booked at http://www.business-events.org.uk/
Date: 13th March, 2014
Articles from this Author
20th July, 2017
Uncertain times for winding up transactions
3rd July, 2017
9th June, 2017
27th April, 2017
Government places Making Tax Digital legislation on hold
Contact Business Service Partners
Choose from the drop down menu below to select a Partner to contact.
“Good luck to everyone who has also made it as a finalist, I look forward to awards evening later on in the year”-L… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
For the latest Mercer & Hole news, visit our LinkedIn page mercer-&-hole