Employed or self-employed - that is the question
HMRC have recently issued a factsheet to help you decide whether you are employed or self-employed for tax and National Insurance purposes. The leaflet covers issues such as:
- Is your employment status right?
- The special rules that apply to certain occupations and jobs
- Working through a Company or partnership
- Checking your employment status
- Employment Status Indicator (ESI) tool
- Your position if you have more than one job
- Why employment status is important
- Your entitlement to benefits and employment rights
It gives links to other relevant information and provides helpline numbers.
The sheet can be found at http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/leaflets/es-fs1.pdf.
Date: 14th July, 2008
Articles from this Author
20th July, 2017
Uncertain times for winding up transactions
3rd July, 2017
9th June, 2017
27th April, 2017
Government places Making Tax Digital legislation on hold
Contact Business Service Partners
Choose from the drop down menu below to select a Partner to contact.
For the latest Mercer & Hole news, visit our LinkedIn page mercer-&-hole